Count down to SPRING 2014

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thurs is with us again

I haven't a whole lot to say today except I have a new respect for Thursdays. Here I am in my second night of working for this week and I've accomplished so many things today already. I am going to help a good friend with a paper pieced pattern on Monday night so today I found the right material to make my sample for us to work from.

Why do I like Thursdays I asked myself before sending this message to all and sunder....well, it is the day after Wednesday (which equates to my Monday in the week) and it is before Friday....for those of you who aren't familiar with the routine on the phones at a busy reservation center....the cancellers (yes they make reservations just to phone in on Fri and cancel), this is the quiet night before the storm is to hit in sections of USA. People will be frantically booking rooms because flights are grounded, or because they can't make it to the hotel with the storm.....or you have the people you really want to help...those who are on the highways just trying to make it to a shelter in the storm. Children are moaning and groaning in the car...husbands are driving and tempers aren't very good...while Mrs/Mom is on the phone trying to find a room, get them inside a safe place, and trying to repeat all that I say to the driver (MR BEHIND THE WHEEL) having him argue with her this isn't a cost "effective" place to be....or maybe that it is too far, find something closer....even when the closer hotels are already full....now all I need to hear coming into my both ears at once is an impatient family pet barking cause he needs to get outside NOW!!!!....

Ah yes the blessings of Thursday nights......only hours to go before I'm talking all over the world again tonight.
God bless us all!!!!!
Giggles and away for now, but I'll be back.

No comments:

My Blog List

  • Not really sold - This quilt that I thought was sold was actually given away. My husband insisted that since it was going to his relative that I could not sell it. The rel...
    5 days ago
  • - *HELLO* I have not posted for a very long time. I could not get into my blog but after an hour finely worked it out. My what have I been missing. The ab...
    7 years ago
  • - Please go to this link to see some of my quilts. http://quiltinggallery.com/2009/02/26/shirley-paterson/
    10 years ago

Followers