Count down to SPRING 2014

Saturday, February 27, 2010

2010 Feb 27 St Patty's day approaching fast

2010 Feb 27 St Patty's Day Approaching Fast.    Image result for little leprechaun clipart


Time for us lucky little leprechauns to celebrate. More for the coming of spring or for the pot of gold I'm not sure....but let's get out there and celebrate.......
Ever feel like you've come to the bottom of the barrel? Sometimes we feel like we are there, and yet, is there more to come? Well, I am finding (once again,,,it is all a matter of perspective) that it is how we look at life and the gifts we are given to get us through. Am I entering the stage of understanding, or learning more lessons to move me forward.
I can only say that along with some not so nice days, I've finally found a peaceful place in my quilting corner of life. I've started collecting selvages. The most important thing about this is that with each scrap I'm reliving a little piece of my life, or renewing thought of friends who have shared with me. Who knew that in my selvage fun time I'd bring yet another slice of life lesson to myself.
Ever look at the days of our lives? Really looked. Here we see a tear, which is only a little drop of salt, or a little bit of cleansing of our bodies....did you really think it was emotional? Or a way to get a sad time out of your heart?
Look at one of those flowery selvages, and we are reminded that after ever winter there is sun, warmth, fun and more birds back to sing their sweet songs.
Pulling out a strip of dog pattern, I'm reminded of my first pet....a little toy palm puppy. That little piece of fluff came from the Collingwood area. When we got to bring her home she was small enough to slip inside a small potatochip bag...and lick up all the crumbs.
Oh wait a minute. Here's a little slip of red gingham Christmas design with gingerbread cookies on it. Now I'm remembering back to the days of cookies I made when my two children (Derek and Emily) were young. Sometimes Emily and I would back up a storm of Christmas cookies and put them in the freezer for the coming celebrations. Derek loved the cookies we would back. It was a time of sweet tricks and memory making.
Looking at this mesh bag of selvages I'm collecting I can see in each strip memories of things I had forgotten.
The best part that I'm finding in my mesh bag is when my hand tightens upon a selvage from a friend. Is that one from Rose? What about this bright flowery, dots ,and shapes. It came from Lola when she was making 2 Christmas gifts for her little granddaughters this past year. These are two strips that are not only pretty, but bring with them the warmth of friends I hope I will always remember.
And so it goes. strip by strip, piece by piece this is a great way to spend the cold snowy days of a winter that is almost past us,,,,and looking forward to a new spring time. I wonder to myself, will this quilt top be finished,,,,or relegated to my pile of UFO only to be brought into my future somewhere down the road of life.
Stay tuned to find out.....

No comments:

My Blog List

  • Not really sold - This quilt that I thought was sold was actually given away. My husband insisted that since it was going to his relative that I could not sell it. The rel...
    5 days ago
  • - *HELLO* I have not posted for a very long time. I could not get into my blog but after an hour finely worked it out. My what have I been missing. The ab...
    7 years ago
  • - Please go to this link to see some of my quilts. http://quiltinggallery.com/2009/02/26/shirley-paterson/
    10 years ago

Followers