Count down to SPRING 2014

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thanksgiving in USA


Hi everyone. I just thought I'd like to spend a wee bit of time being thankful. On Thurs Nov 26 my American friends will all be celebrating their Thanksgiving Day. I notice more and more when I take reservation calls at work that families are coming together for a reunion. This started me thinking of all the way I can be thankful for all that I have. Last night I talked to some Military Personal (6 in total) who were booking rooms so they could have a shower and clean up before meeting their families for the holiday, and then returning to battle fields far away. I felt as much excitement for them as the lady on the phone did when an airport employee came for them instead of booking a room, there would be showers, privacy and a homey place for them to go (with no fees to boot) to clean up, and rest a bit. The gratitude in my guest's voice reached out over the phone to me. Before I ended the call, I wished her and her companions a warm welcome home.

Later in the night I was thinking of her again. All our Canadian and American Soldiers put their lives on the line every day for the rest of us. I remembered the thankfulness in her voice for the offer of room, warmth, and showers. Makes one think doesn't it?

No comments:

My Blog List

  • Not really sold - This quilt that I thought was sold was actually given away. My husband insisted that since it was going to his relative that I could not sell it. The rel...
    5 days ago
  • - *HELLO* I have not posted for a very long time. I could not get into my blog but after an hour finely worked it out. My what have I been missing. The ab...
    7 years ago
  • - Please go to this link to see some of my quilts. http://quiltinggallery.com/2009/02/26/shirley-paterson/
    10 years ago

Followers