Count down to SPRING 2014

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Nov 14 almost 1/2 through the month

So fall here in Ontario is drawing to a closing. The leaves are gone from the trees around the neighbourhood and instead we see piles and piles of bagged leaves ready to be taken away to the compost site for city people. Wow...where have the colours gone in these leaves. Made me remember canoe trips in my past "outdoor girl" days.
This picture was take up in the far nothern parts of Ontario. Around the area of Perry Sound (Killarney Park) on a bright hiking trail that I tramped through. In those days I spent a lot of time looking up asking God for answers to life's mystery questions. Where am I going, What am I here for, What does tomorrow hold....Whoa!!! Stop there. Tomorrow, what about today, what about this gift of glory that is right up above my head in the cathederal that is up above me. The place where God has done his own type of art work? Why not just stay in the moment and take a picture of the beautiful day that God has give me. So here it is, almost 10 years later, and again I'm walking through past memories, and found this treasure.
Yes the leaves are piled high all around the city, but in my own photo album this glorious display will never fade or go away.
Memories of a beauty on the path less trodden. This a memory from the day when I left only a smile behind in nature, and a happy memory to carry with me into the rest of my days.
God bless all, may we find our own treasures and reminders that God is there, we are never alone.

No comments:

My Blog List

  • Not really sold - This quilt that I thought was sold was actually given away. My husband insisted that since it was going to his relative that I could not sell it. The rel...
    5 days ago
  • - *HELLO* I have not posted for a very long time. I could not get into my blog but after an hour finely worked it out. My what have I been missing. The ab...
    7 years ago
  • - Please go to this link to see some of my quilts. http://quiltinggallery.com/2009/02/26/shirley-paterson/
    10 years ago

Followers